Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

7 Jan 2012 Jesus Time


Word
Passage from the Bible:
Genesis 18:14a "Is anything too hard for the LORD?"
Psalm 3:5 "I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me."


Passage in my own words:
In the context of Genesis 18, where the Lord is promising that Sarah, who is in her old age, will have a son, one of the messengers asks Abraham, "Is there anything that is too difficult for God?"  In Psalm 3, King David said, "I go to sleep and I wake up because God sustains me."  This was in the midst of David being in danger.


How I will obey this:
Trust that God can handle even the big things in my life.  It is He who will provide every time because nothing is too difficult for him.

What I learned about God that I can share:
God is all-powerful.  There is nothing that somehow wins out over God.

Reflection
How I am doing today:
Encouraged. Even when what lies ahead looks daunting, I know God is opening doors.


What recent things drew me closer to God:
Our son received his visa in less than a week to travel back overseas with the rest of the family.  It took about six months for the rest of the family to get their visas, so God really must want us there sooner rather than later.

What recent things pushed me further from God:
Anxiety.  I know that's normal in the midst of an impending move overseas, but it definitely pushes me into being more emotional and less reliant on God.

What I am learning:
Chill out. Trust God.

Prayer
What I hear God saying:
"I love you.  I will care for you always.  I know the plans I have for you.  I know exactly what I am doing in your life."

People or issues I am praying for:
We need another $600 each month while we are overseas for us to be at 100% of our budget.  God is amazing.  This need is smaller than what it was even just last week.  I pray that God will provide in His way and in His time and to His glory.

Answers to past prayers:
A family actually contacted us to say they wanted to support us.  That is always encouraging to see God calling people around us toward supporting His ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment