Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

My First My Glam Bag! (January!)

So, I ended my subscription to Birchbox last October, but I was excited when I suddenly stumbled onto the new My Glam program started by Michelle Phan from Youtube.  The two programs are nearly identical.  For $10 each month, you get to receive 4-5 deluxe beauty samples.  There's no points program, no incentive to get others to sign up, and no online shopping on their website, so in that sense it seems a little simpler.

But, let's get to the good stuff.  Here's my January Glam Bag!


The package was shiny and pink.  What girl would turn that kind of a package away?!


Right off the bat, I love that the Glam Bag actually comes with a reusable makeup bag.  It's so cute! Even if I don't use it myself, it's perfect for giving away as a gift.  This month the theme of the bag was more natural products, so the bag was made of white canvas and had very simple green detailing.

Let's look at the lovelies that were inside!

Item #1: Sheer Cover Duo Concealer in Light/Medium,
swatched below

First Impressions: I like the consistency.  I've only worn it one day so far, and I used the darker color to disguise my mild dark circles and I used the lighter color over that.  Time will tell, but I'm pretty excited to add this to my makeup collection!  It didn't seem to settle into my tiny wrinkles, so that's a plus, too.

Item #2: Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

First Impressions: I tried this today for the first time.  I'm not a big fan of minty smells, but the texture was lovely in my hair. Again, time will tell, but I think the ends of my hair are a little less dry than they have been this winter.  Perhaps more thoughts on this later...

Item #3: Hot Ticket Nail Polish in Let's Make a Teal
by TheBalm Cosmetics

First Impressions: I have yet to try this lovely color out, but I think colors such as this one can be used just about every season of the year.  And I always gravitate towards blues and greens when it comes to nail polish--who knows why?!

And, finally,

Item #4: Freeman Facial Peel-Off Mask, Cucumber

First Impressions: I'm pretty excited to try this.  I've never had a peel-off mask experience before.  I dabbed a little of this on my hand when it first arrived, and sure enough, five minutes later, I peeled it off in the form of a very thin transparent sheet of stretchy stuff. It's hard to describe!  Sort of like peeling off dried up Elmer's glue, but it's a stronger consistency. Silly perhaps, but I can't wait to find a free minute some evening to put it on my face!


The bag came with all kinds of special offers for the products in the bag as well as an introduction to each product in the bag.  I like the special offers.  That's super handy.  One of my complaints about Birchbox was that I couldn't EVER afford to buy the full size products!  Even if I loved the product, I would never be able to enjoy it "in real life"!

The other great thing, at least about this bag, was the variety.  There's a product for hair, for skin, for nails, and makeup. Thumbs up.

Anyone else trying out My Glam Bag?  Let me know!

Do you love or hate the idea of the peel-off mask?

2 comments:

  1. I've used peel-off masks in the past. The one thing I hate about it is that it ends up pulling the fine hairs on my face, which hurts. I'm excited to get my first MyGlam bag next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that can be a problem with tiny face hairs. I'll watch for that! Congrats on your MyGlam bag! Thanks!

      Delete