Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

17 Dec 2011 Jesus Time

Word
Passage from the Bible:
John 1:1-5 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

Passage in my own words:
The Word existed from the very beginning and was with God and was God. Everything was made through the Word and God.  Any thing that was made was not created without him.  There was life and light in God and the Word.  That light presently shines so brightly that it wins out over darkness.

How I will obey this:
Acknowledge God as creator, the source of life and light.

What I learned about God that I can share:
It seems like God has several "parts" in him, or several attributes. He is creator, he is the Word, he is light and life itself. He must be very powerful to have created all things. He seems to be very ultimate, so to speak. Nothing exists without him. His light is so bright that darkness cannot be stronger.

Reflection
How I am doing today:
Okay.  I'm trying to prepare for once again following God in the calling he's given us.  I guess this points out the obvious: I feel as though I've been unfaithful in it, or at least somewhat distracted.

What recent things drew me closer to God:
A recent body of believers committed to partnering with us in multiple ways: financial, prayer, community, etc.

What recent things pushed me further from God:
Recovery from childbirth took its toll over the last month-ish.  With all the emotions it was at times hard to be sure what God was saying.

What I am learning:
God is faithful.  God loves me.

Prayer
What I hear God saying:
"You need my light in your life.  If you have it, the darkness can't win."

No comments:

Post a Comment