Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Everyday Minerals Brush Haul

I'm new at makeup blogging, so I apologize for breaking a cardinal rule of makeup blogging: Never play with products before you take their picture!  I'll do better.  Sorry my brushes look used--they are!

So, Everyday Minerals was having a sale on their brushes not too long ago.  By far, this brand sells some of my favorite makeup brushes ever.  They are very soft.  Their bristles are good quality.  I never struggle with them falling apart or shedding.  It's easy to wash them and maintain them.  Not only were they on sale, but when I added five to my cart, off came another 25% of my total!  So, here they are:

Top to Bottom:
Blender Face Brush (I don't see this one anymore on the website!)
Eye Kabuki Junior (I don't see this one anymore either!)

Their brushes are just so darn affordable, too!  My favorite of all time is their Everyday Eyeshadow Brush, but I don't see that one on the website either.  Humph!

What about you?  What are your favorite good quality yet affordable brushes?  Have you tried any of these?  Would you like a detailed review of any of them?


2 comments:

  1. Although they make it sound like they do, Everyday Minerals doesn't actually make their own brushes, but they are decent quality. I'm one of the ones who have been burned by this company in the past, but overall I can't complain about the brushes. I have actually had a few fall apart, but I also still have quite a few of their brushes 5 years later. I have all of the ones you mentioned above, although they may have been earlier versions of them (all of mine them are a little over two years old) and I love them. The eye kabuki also makes a nice concealer brush. I love Coastal Scents brushes too. I've really only ever used CS eye brushes, and they're not all created equal, but there are some really great-quality brushes on their site, some for only a few dollars. Can't beat that. Try them, I think you'll like them. I'd love to see your review on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Christine, You are absolutely right! EM does not make their own brushes--thanks for pointing that out. CS brushes, I've found, have had mixed reviews. Some are great, some seem to not live up to people's standards. But, yes, their prices are great. e.l.f. brushes, too, are great prices and fair quality. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete