Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Monday, December 19, 2011

19 Dec 2011 Jesus Time

Word
Passage from the Bible:
John 6:66-69 "After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him. So Jesus said to the Twelve, "Do you want to go away as well?" Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God."

Passage in my own words:
Many people who had followed Jesus for a time left him and no longer continued walking with him.  When this happened, Jesus asked his twelve disciples if they wanted to leave him too.  Simon Peter told Jesus that there was no one else that he would choose to be with because Jesus spoke of more than the temporary life.  He spoke of eternal life.  Simon Peter said that all of them recognized and understood that Jesus was the Holy One of God.

How I will obey this:
I will choose Jesus and try to discern the things of eternal value over those of temporal value.

What I learned about God that I can share:
Jesus is okay when people choose not to follow him.  He always gives us a choice.

Reflection
How I am doing today:
Good.  We have a move coming up, so it's a busy day.

What recent things drew me closer to God:
Kai McQueen's CD, "This Shimmering Blue." I especially like the song, "Arise, My Soul, Arise"

What I am learning:
God doesn't push himself on me.  He loves when I search after him.

Prayer
What I hear God saying:
"I love you and am glad when you come to me."

Arise, My Soul, Arise
words by Charles Wesley
music by Kai McQueen

Arise, my soul, arise
Shake off thy guilty fears
The bleeding sacrifice
On my behalf appears
Before the throne
My surety stands
My name is written on his hands
My name is written on his hands

He ever lives above
For me to intercede
His all redeeming love
His precious blood to plead
His blood atoned for all our race
And sprinkles now the throne of grace
And sprinkles now the throne of grace

Five bleeding wounds he bears
Received on Calvary
They pour effectual prayers
They strongly speak for me
"Forgive him, oh forgive!" they cry
"Nor let that ransomed sinner die,
Nor let that ransomed sinner die!"

The Father hears him pray
His dear anointed one
He cannot turn away
The presence of His Son
His Spirit answers to the blood
And tells me I am born of God
And tells me I am born of God

My God is reconciled
His pardoning voice I hear
He owns me for His child
I can no longer fear
With confidence I now draw nigh 
And "Father, Abba Father!" cry
And "Father, Abba Father!" cry

No comments:

Post a Comment