Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

18 Dec 2011 Jesus Time

Word
Passage from the Bible:
John 2:1-5 "On the third day there was a wedding at Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus also was invited to the wedding with his disciples.  When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine." And Jesus said to her, "Woman what does this have to do with me? My hour has not yet come." His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."

Passage in my own words: 
Jesus' mom was at a wedding, and Jesus and his disciples were invited too.  During the party, they ran out of wine, and Mary went to Jesus her son and told him that the wine was gone.  (To quote Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean, "But why is the rum wine gone?!") Jesus replied, "How does this involve me? It's not my time." Mary then told the servants at the party to do whatever her son told them.

How I will obey this:
Listen to Jesus and submit to whatever he might (or might not) have planned for me (or others).

What I learned about God that I can share:
His plans are good.  It's notable that the outcome of this interaction with his mother brought about not only Jesus' first miracle, but apparently some pretty awesome wine!  His miracle was not just ho-hum.

Reflection
How I am doing today:
Tired. Looking forward to having some rest.

What recent things drew me closer to God:
This practice of just looking at a few verses is currently a fun thing. (I'm only on my second day, but...) I noticed yesterday that I was prepared to speak about what I had learned and heard from God, albeit just to my dear husband.

What I am learning:
God is.  God is.  I just feel like apparently he's all powerful, and good, and ultimate.  I need to submit to what he has for me.  This kind of submission goes above and beyond what I could want or desire.  It drives me to get to know God better.

Prayer
What I hear God saying:
"Pray and listen.  Notice that I didn't scold Mary for asking really.  I simply pointed out that it wasn't yet my time. I want you to ask, but then I want you to listen and watch for what good things I have coming up.  Be ready to then do whatever I ask of you."


People or issues I am praying for:
Renewing of my mind.  Lord, help me have fresh, enthusiastic thinking about the things you have asked of me.  What lies ahead will not be just a glass of ho-hum wine.

Answers to past prayers:
I enjoyed the Word yesterday.  It's been a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment