Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

20 Dec 2011 Jesus Time

Word
Passage from the Bible:
John 7:37-39 "On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, 'If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."' Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified."

Passage in my own words:
On the final day of the feast, Jesus stood up and said that if anyone was thirsty, he should come to him and drink.  He said that whoever believed in him as the Scriptures described would have rivers of living water flowing out of his heart.  He was talking about the Holy Spirit.  Those that chose to believe in him would be receiving the Holy Spirit later.  The Holy Spirit hadn't been given yet because Jesus had not finished his time on the earth.

How I will obey this:
I want to cultivate that idea of having rivers of living water flowing out of my heart!

What I learned about God that I can share:
His Spirit has now been given to us.

Reflection
How I am doing today:
Good.  Busy, but good.

What recent things drew me closer to God:
Again, taking even a few minutes to be in his Word.

What recent things pushed me further from God:
My attitude toward certain people who are close to me.  I don't feel compassionate or patient.

What I am learning:
I need to focus on having that living water flowing out of my heart.  Not just to those who need to know Jesus, but even those who are close to me and already know him.  I should not be a brat! :o)

Prayer
What I hear God saying:
"I have given you my Spirit, so you have those things--compassion and patience--in the form of living water in your heart.  Let it flow.  But it takes work and commitment and effort.  Dont be lazy.  Be intentional."

People or issues I am praying for:
My attitude: compassion and patience.

Answers to past prayers:
We have yet another lovely place to live for the next number of weeks before we return overseas.  God has been more than faithful by providing not just a roof over our heads, but a wonderful roof over our heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment