Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Episode 1 "Primers and Foundations" - Missionary Makeup

You can read about why I'm doing this here.

As I try to figure out how to move my makeup with me, I knew the first step would be sorting. In order to document the progress, here was my setup.


I have my dear, sweet husband to thank for making me a light box to photograph my makeup in. He's into photography, so he uses it every once and a while, but really, I use it most. 

He simply took a cardboard box, cut holes in the left and right sides, and covered them with wax paper. This allows light from the flashes to go through. The flashes are triggered by the little flash on my camera. There's another hole in the top of the box, also covered with wax paper, so if I wanted, I could add another flash above for even more lighting.

Okay, onto the Primers and Foundations:

My Primers/Foundations Collection:
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum
Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Make-up Primer in Bronze
Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Make-up Primer in Champagne
Benefit's The POREfessional
Everyday Minerals Base in Ivory
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup in 10 Classic Ivory
Missha Signature Real Complete BB Cream in No. 21 Light Pink Beige

I honestly haven't figured out what I'm wanting to have handy. With all of my makeup, some will go in a bag that I won't open until we land in South Asia. Other stuff will be accessible throughout the trip, since we have a 4-day layover in Europe.

Which primer and foundation below would you recommend I keep handy, and why? (Factors to consider: mess, liquid/non-liquid, size, portability, ease of use, etc.) It's a conundrum! 


Any packing tips?

Episode 2  "Contouring" is coming up...

1 comment:

  1. I recommend whatever has sunscreen (I really like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid for this reason) and then maybe minerals to use as a finishing powder

    ReplyDelete