Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What If I Never See Her Again?

for my sister...


As little girls, we once filled a hairspray bottle with ketchup, honey, shampoo, and vinegar with plans to “play with” our new babysitter’s hair. Ended up that we liked her so much we never used it. We made plans to run away from home with an afghan full of crackers and granola bars. We got as far as the corner of our cul-de-sac.

The relationship I have with my sister goes beyond friendship. As I gave her a final hug this weekend before our departure for South Asia my heart hurt. What if I never get to see her again? And I cried.

As my husband drove us back to our hotel, our 2-year-old chatted happily and our 3-month-old slept in the back seat. God spoke to me: “You get to spend eternity with your sister.”

Then other people came to mind: my South-Asian neighbor lady who is denied the privilege of leaving home without her husband, the man who sells chai in the corner shop, the little boys who play cricket in the street, the little girl who is learning to cook from her mother. I don’t have the guarantee of eternity with them yet.

I’ll have plenty of time to worship the King with my sister, but He is calling more to join the choir. That is why we must go.

 “How can they hear about Him unless someone tells them?” -Rom. 10:14

No comments:

Post a Comment