Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Laura Geller Toast of the Town Kit Review


I got Laura Geller's Toast of the Town Kit for Christmas 2011.  I wanted to use the products for a bit before posting a review. This primer was also included:

Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Make-up Primer in Champagne

Right off the bat, I have to say that I passed two of the items in this kit on to friends.  First, the purple liner was okay, but nothing too spectacular.  It didn't slide on super easily, and I'm not very patient when it comes to dry, hard eyeliners.  This one wasn't the worst, but I just knew I wouldn't be reaching for it that often. I was glad to see it go to a new home.

Secondly, the two-sided brush was disappointing. The sponge tip looked like any normal sponge tip applicator, but the brush side was what really disappointed me.  The bristles were flimsy, a little misshapen from being in the box, and just didn't feel like they were going to perform well.  Again, I said goodbye and bit it farewell.

The other three products in this box, however, have really been awesome.

Some Swatches:
Laura Geller Baked Eye Dreams Eyeshadow in Bellini
four colors: brown, tan/bronze, pink, cream (barely visible)
Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten in Mimosa

Did anyone else try this and just love the brush and the eyeliner? Am I way off in my un-impressed-ness?

No comments:

Post a Comment