Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Episode 10 "Eyeshadow Palettes" - Missionary Makeup

You can read about why I'm doing this here.


I love eyeshadow. And I truly never know what I'm going to layer on my lids until I open my drawer in the morning. It's totally based on my mood, what's coming up in my day, and how much time I have. Here's my shadow collection:

Small Palettes:
TheBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells
Elf Studio Single Eyeshadows in Sand Dollar and Oatmeal
CARGO Metallico Eyes
BareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 8.0 in The Cocktail Hour and The Playlist
Elf Essentials Brightening Eye Color in Hazy Hazel
Laura Geller Baked Eye Dreams Eyeshadow in Bellini
Too Faced Matte Eyeshadow Collection

Large Palettes:
Urban Decay's Naked and Naked2 Palettes
TheBalm Nude 'Tude Nude Eyeshadow Palette
Tarte TEN Eyeshadow Palette

So, right off the bat I eliminated the large palettes from my travel bag. They'll fit nicely in a suitcase, and I'll see them when I get to South Asia. That brings me to my small palettes. I know I want a neutral option and a color option.

After much pondering, I've decided I'm taking TheBalm's Shady Lady Palette Vol. 3. It has colors that would support a natural look and colors that support a more colorful work.  Congrats to the shady lady! (It's the giraffe-print looking palette buried under all the others in the picture.)

What one eyeshadow palette would you take with you if you could only take one?

Episode 11 "Jumbo Pencils" is coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment