Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Tarte for Tarte: SmolderEyes Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner in Smoke

Welcome to the family, Smoke!

I just had a wonderful swap with a "forum friend." I sent her Tarte's EmphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener and Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lipgloss in Zesty Red.  She sent me a gently-used Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder as a backup for the one I already own as well as Tarte's SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner in Smoke.  So, it was a "Tarte for Tarte" swap, so to speak.  She also kindly included a pencil sharpener that works quite well for the size of the SmolderEYES pencil.  How generous!

Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder, 
Tarte SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner in Smoke, & 
Jumbo Pencil Sharpener

Smoke, swatched

First Impressions: I used Smoke today after a fresh sharpening to simply line my eyes. The texture was very smooth and I love the color.  It's a dark metallic grey.  I wore kind of a light grey smokey eye with it and a true pink blush on my cheeks.  I won't be surprised if this turns into a "Keeper" in my collection well within my 30 day challenge!

Have you tried any of the SmolderEYES pencils from Tarte?  How about the Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder?

2 comments:

  1. Is the Elf Bronzer at all orange-y?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lov2read68: I have not found it to be orange-y at all. I use it with a light hand and just for contouring, though. I have to use lighter-colored bronzers for all-over. :)

    ReplyDelete