Rigmarole?

Rigmarole can be defined as "confused, rambling, or incoherent discourse; nonsense." I figure this gives me permission to talk about pretty much anything I feel like on this blog. So, set your expectations low, and read on!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

To Be or Not To Be?: Birchbox

I've been subscribed to Birchbox since January.  For the most part, I've been pleased.  However, the last two months did not live up to my expectations.

1. August's box didn't show up for me until August 27th.  This I found slightly infuriating.  YouTube was full of other Birchboxer's videos on their boxes within the first week or so of the month, but I was told to just wait, since I live on the West Coast.  Really?!

2. On average, the value of items in my Birchboxes have ranged from $20-$40.  I don't expect that this would always be consistent.  However, my September box was only worth $9.46.  (EDIT: I did my math wrong.  It had a value of $17.01.  Still considerably lower than the rest.)  That was a big blow.

3. In my September box, I received my third sample of Ahava lotion.  True, each sample was slightly different from the previous, but two creams and a lotion from the same brand is getting a little repetitive.  Fortunately, I love the brand.  Unfortunately, the sample size was only a whopping .3 oz.  The other two Ahava samples I had received in past months were 1.3 oz. That's a huge drop (77%) in size.

4. In general, I feel the sample sizes have been slipping.  Less and less would I classify them as "deluxe." More and more they are looking like the freebies you can get at Sephora or Ulta.  The website promises "4-5 deluxe samples each month."

Can you sense my dissatisfaction?

So, my October box is on it's way.  I was notified that I was shipped on October 6, and I'm interested to see when it arrives and what's in it.

October's box will answer the question: Is Birchbox to be or not to be in my life anymore?



1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about Birchbox, Lisa. I'm so on the fence!

    ReplyDelete